For Individual Learners
You may enter the course directly by clicking the button below. If you are not already enrolled you will be prompted to enter an enrolment key or pay for immediate enrolment using a credit card or PayPal.
Note: if you do not have an account on this web site you will be prompted to create one before you can enrol in a course.
Purchase Multiple Enrollment Keys
You can purchase multiple enrollment keys for your employees or students at our online store the FoodSafetyMarket
WHMIS 2015 has been designed to provide training for both WHMIS 1988 and the new WHMIS 2015 guidelines. While much of the information is the same, there are some very significant changes between the two. The government is implementing a 3-phase timeline to bring all workplaces into compliance with the new WHMIS 2015 legislation. During this transition period, a workplace is likely to have materials that are using either system. As both may be present at any given time, an employee must understand each system, in order to understand how to implement the appropriate safety measures.
Who Should Take the Course?
All employees that work in an environment that has potential for exposure to hazardous materials are required to have WHMIS training.
This course has 2 components, WHMIS 1988 and WHMIS 2015. During the current transition period, employers are required to provide both to employees. Users will complete the WHMIS 1988 course first, then WHMIS 2015. A minimum grade of 80% is required in both courses to receive a certificate.
- Introduction to WHMIS
- WHMIS Class and Symbols ('88)
- WHMIS Groups, Classes and Pictograms ('15)
- WHMIS Labels (both versions)
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) ('88)
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS) ('15)
- Safe Handling Practices (both versions)
Our online WHMIS training course features:
- All lesson modules are professionally narrated so you have the benefit of viewing and hearing the content.
- Each lesson has several interactions to demonstrate best practices.
- There are several small quizzes to measure your knowledge and help prepare for the final quizzes.
- Learners can stop the course and resume from where they left off at any time.
- Navigation allows the learner to move back and forward throughout the lessons.
- Support is available via online chat, toll free telephone, email and remote computer support.
You can take the online training at your own pace. The typical time is between 1 to 2 hours to complete all of the lessons. Depending on your experience and education it may take more or less time. Enrolment in the course is valid for 60 days.
To successfully complete the WHMIS 2015 course learners must complete the final quiz in each lesson (WHMIS 1988 & WHMIS 2015), and receive a grade of 80% or higher on each.
Once the learner has met the requirements for both lessons, a Certificate of Achievement can be generated. This is a .PDF certificate that the learner can save, print, email, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
This resource provides answers to frequently asked questions. You can search the complete FAQ database or read through the FAQs in each category.
- Enrollment Information
- Course Information
- Technical Requirements